Monday, August 3, 2009

Just another manic monday....




I met my daily goal on Sunday. I logged all my food into Daily Plate (www.livestrong.com) and I got some exercise. I watched the inspirational Ruby on Style (love her, wish she was my BFF! Twitter: @rubysjourney) and felt super motivated so I got up and got ready to go to the gym at my apartment. And I found this:



So in all my genius, I decided to go for a walk when it was 105 degrees here in the desert. My body was overall pretty unhappy with me and I can't really blame it. I feel so much better today having actually met my goals for yesterday. 2.8 miles @ 4 mph = 348 calories burned which doesn't sound like much in the scope of things but I sure do feel better today. I slept good last night and woke up at 8:30 this morning. The funniest thing about my walk.... no sunscreen. I was super red when I got home but luckily it went away overnight.

I thought I might find something interesting near the apartment to blog about but there isn't really anything around but houses and chain stores. Maybe, I should jump a fence into one of the fancier subdivisions and see what's going on in there. Maybe, it will be like Wisteria Lane.


I read chapters 2 (Recognizing Emotional Triggers) & 3 (Reconfiguring Your World and Developing Support Systems) of the book yesterday too. These weren't particularly ground breaking for me since the only emotional trigger I have are boredom and stress. I don't currently really have any stress and I am going to try and combat boredom by walking when I feel the desire to eat when I know I am not hungry. My work has been greatly reconfigured already. Justin is very supportive and is working toward becoming a vegan. Maybe, this move to Vegas will be good for my body afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment