Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A crafty obsession...


So, I have long been obsessed with the Random Light by Dutch Designer Bertjan Pot. I want one for my dining room really badly. My dining room currently has this very tacky circa 1995 gold fixture that looks like it should be in either a) a tacky model home in the mid nineties or b) the garbage.

So I obsess over this light. I look at it and know that it started out as little more than a craft project and has become an obsession of many modern enthusiasts. I know that this fixture is likely something I could make myself; however, I can't seem to make myself attempt to create one. I take random things from West Elm and put them together thinking this could work as a much less expensive almost as dramatic statement as the Random light, but perhaps there is no substitute. I guess I either have to create it or save. Neither of which sounds all that appealing today!

1 comment:

  1. I can TOTALLY relate! I am always drawn to funky lights. But I bet you can make this... you just have to find the right mold. A beach ball maybe?

    I'm so glad I discovered your blog =-)

    ReplyDelete